If you have never heard of the Aeron chair, the celebrity office chair, it may need a brief presentation. It is a computer chair that was designed in the US by Bill Stumph and Don Chadwick and introduced to the market in 1994. It combines distinctive looks with pioneering ergonomics and performs like no other chair. It adapts and adjusts to fit its user and is designed to suit people of all sizes and postures doing all kinds of activities, all day long. It is available in 3 different types; task chair, stool and visiting chair, to accommodate for different job roles. This review will take a closer look at the task chair.
Characteristics & Features
The task chair is available in three different sizes and your weight and height will determine which size is the one for you. Each size can then be fully adjusted with help of innovative suspension and natural tilt.
Where this chair really differs from other office chairs is through the PostureFit feature that provides lower-back support below the beltline for healthier posture and superb lower-back comfort. All three chairs also have a high and wide contoured back to take the weight off the lower spine.
Other ergonomic features include a waterfall front edge that reduces pressure under the thighs for better circulation and good arm support through sloping arm rests.
Through a very strong Pellicle (mesh) suspension system your weight is evenly distributed over the seat and back. The Pellicle also conforms to your shape and minimizes pressure. The mesh material also keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the whole day.
A Kinematic tilt means that the chair moves with you and supports the preferred posture whilst changing from forward leaning to recline position. This is achieved since the backrest and seat move in proper relation to ensure correct support in all positions.
- The superb ergonomic features will reduce the risk of tension and backache from office work.
- The unique aesthetics and timeless design of the Aeron chair means that it will look good throughout its long life.
- The chair’s green credentials are very good being 94% recyclable, made of durable and reusable materials and has a long durability.
- It is difficult to find any faults with this chair but it is rather expensive and probably a lot more than most of us have budgeted for a new computer chair.
- It could be rather complicated to use and it may take a while before you get used to the various functionalities.
- Because it is both expensive and a bit complicated you may pay for features that you will never use.
Nonetheless, if you want the best and you are ready to pay for it, then the Herman Miller Aeron Chair is your best choice, office chairs don’t get better than this. The style and functionality of the Aeron chair are widely copied but never matched.